Date & Time:
June 19, 2022 @ 5:15 pm – 8:30 pm
Wow! I cannot wait for the beginning of vbs REMIX this Sunday evening! We are going to have an incredible time learning and playing together! I am equally excited about the chance REMIX gives you, as a parent, to catch your breath! As much as I love being a dad, I know how exhausting it can be—and I rarely do the cooking. Speaking of cooking, here are a few things you need to know starting with food. (*A parent must accompany a child for dinner even if you want to go out later or you can feed your kids at home and check-in between 5:45-6:00 pm)
- Plan to use the main front entrance (drive through canopy), arrive at 5:15 p.m., and eat dinner with your child(ren)—Sunday: spaghetti; Monday: Chick-fil-A; Tuesday: Publix subs; Wednesday: Hamburgers and hotdogs; each evening we’ll have Go Go Squeeze Applesauce for the picky eaters and fresh fruit for the health conscientious.
- You will need to check-in your children after dinner between 5:45 and 6:00 p.m.
- Bible teaching, art, and outdoor activities are included each night. All children need to bring clothes that can get wet and a towel on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
- Plan to use the main entrance to the worship center and pick-up children between 8:15-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday evenings.
- Parents should prepare to stay Wednesday evening after dinner for a unique equipping time followed by family games. I have invited a good friend of mine to share five keys to helping our families run the race to win. Wednesday evening will end with t-shirts and ice cream!
This year’s theme is “Step Up to the Plate”. Every good athlete has to “step up to the plate” whether that means batting in baseball, playing defense in soccer, or dribbling in basketball. Each night, we will unpack one way your child(ren) can “step up to the plate” and be ready to win! 1 Corinthians 9:24 asks and exhorts, Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
My prayer is that these four nights will help your child(ren) run to win the most important race in life! See you Sunday!
P.S. – If you know other families that could benefit from this year’s vbs REMIX experience, please contact Steven Chambers at 404-697-0454. Unfortunately, we cannot add t-shirts at this point.